Testing should be completed before attending Red Raider Orientation. Students testing during RRO will potentially not be able to register for all desired courses as well as be unable to attend advantageous RRO programming.
RRO participants can earn Texas Tech credit by taking ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. Contact Academic Testing Services for more information.
- If your major requires Principles of Chemistry (CHEM 1307) then you must take the Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE). The exam is only offered by Texas Tech University and is available online.
For more information on the exam and to complete it online, please visit the Chemistry Placement Exam page.
|CPE Score||Enroll in course:|
|Higher than 50% (18 or more of 35 questions correct)||CHEM 1307|
|Lower than 50% (17 or fewer of 35 questions correct)||CHEM 1301|
As colleges continually update major requirements, this list could be incomplete. RRO suggests you confirm with your college if your major is not listed and you believe you are required to take CHEM 1307.
College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- BS in Food Science
- BS in Animal Science
- Pre-veterinary Medicine Curriculum
- BS in Wildlife and Fisheries Management
- BS in Environmental Conservation of Natural Resources
- BS in Range Management
College of Arts & Sciences
- BA in Chemistry
- BS in Chemistry
- BA in Biochemistry
- BS in Biochemistry
- BS in Biology
- BS in Cell & Molecular Biology
- BS Microbiology
- BS in Zoology
- BS in Geosciences with Geology Concentration
- BS in Exercise and Sport Sciences – Exercise Science Track
- BS in Physics
College of Engineering
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- Dual BS in Chemical Engineering and Computer Science
- Combined BS and MS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Master of Environmental Engineering Curriculum
- BS in Construction Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
College of Human Sciences
- BS in Nutrition with Concentration in Pre-professional Health Careers
- BS in Nutritional Sciences and Dietetics
Pre-Professional Health Career Advising Tracks
- Pre-Clinical Lab Sciences
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assitant
- Pre-Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- All students are required to take an entry-level mathematics. Each course has entrance requirements based on examinations. Check which course you are eligible for based on SAT Math Scores, ACT Math scores, or Math Placement Exam Scores.
The exam is only offered by Texas Tech University and is available online. For more information on the exam and to complete it online, please visit the Mathematics Placement Examination page.
|Math Placement Exam Score||Eligible MATH Course|
|Code 2 or higher||0302, 1420, 1430|
|Code 3 or higher||1300, 1320, 1330, 1550|
|Code 4 or higher||1321, 1331, 2300|
|Code 7 or higher||1351|
|SAT Math Score||Eligible MATH Course||ACT Math Score||Eligible MATH Course|
|610 or higher||0302, 1300, 1320, 1321, 1330, 1331, 1420, 1430, 1550, 2300||26 or higher||0302, 1300, 1320, 1321, 1330, 1331, 1420, 1430, 1550, 2300|
|610 or higher||0302, 1300, 1320, 1321, 1330, 1331, 1420, 1430, 1550, 2300||29 or higher||1351|
- MATH 0301 – ESSENTIAL MATHEMATICS – Remedial course that DOES NOT carry credit toward any degree at Texas Tech.
- MATH 0302 – INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA – Remedial course that DOES NOT carry credit toward any degree at Texas Tech.
- MATH 1300 – CONTEMPORARY MATHEMATICS
- MATH 1320 – COLLEGE ALGEBRA
- MATH 1321 – TRIGONOMETRY
- MATH 1330 – INTRODUCTORY MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS
- MATH 1331 – INTRODUCTORY MATEHMATICAL ANALYSIS
- MATH 1351 – CALCULUS I
- MATH 1420 – COLLEGE ALGEBRA WITH REVIEW
- MATH 1430 – INTRODUCTORY MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS WITH REVIEW
- MATH 1550 – PRECALCULUS
- MATH 2300 – STATISTICAL METHODS
The Foreign Language Placement Exam is offered throughout the year. Students who have previous language study or previous language experience and wish to attain credit for that language experience need to take the CLEP exams via Academic Testing Services
Languages available for Examination:
American Sign Language (with express faculty permission)